About Me

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slice #8 Woebegone Kind of Day


Missing You!

I've avoided writing this all day!  Sifting pictures for something else I came across these two shots.  I do not remember taking these pictures.  The little guy in the picture doesn't have a real gun, it's a toy.  I know this is controversial him having a gun, but where I come from it's a rite of passage. 

I spent time today just looking at these pictures and thinking about the conversation that they were having. Thinking about how much that little boy love his pap. I’ll never forget the time he walked away from me on the farm and headed up the hill.  I think I found him in the same spot. 
I wish, he was still here just for you.  If I could cry enough tears to build a staircase, I would!
Love and Miss you Dad!





I miss your Tuesday night call
No one else likes NPR like you
No one cares that I heard an interesting story!
While I don't have mushy memories of you hugging and kissing me
I do have great memories of political debates 
How much you valued my opinion or just listened anyway.
Then offered your thoughts.

I miss your confidence in that I could succeed 
No matter what I wanted to try.  
You encouraged failure 
First one to teach me how to laugh at myself 
Not take myself seriously
I do have memories of walking behind the tractor
Throwing hay bales just like the boys
You even let us drive the truck, the mini-bikes, and the tractor.

The kids miss you too!
Especially Aaron, 
Who desperately wants to learn to ride 
Four Wheelers and drive the red Jeep!
Devin is learning to play the piano, 
I think she got your talent, 
I hope you can hear her in heaven.
I wish we could hear your voice 
            one
               more
                    time!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories you have. I'm so sorry for the loss to you and your family... what a great find in those two pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://get-ccna-ccnp-ccie-training.blogspot.in/
    http://ccsp-ccvp-ccip-ccie-training.blogspot.in/
    www.networkace.in Nice Blog......

    ReplyDelete