About Me

Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 17: One More Hour, I'm Begging You!


   Thank you Two Writing Teachers for the opportunity to WRITE!
                                     
Just Another Hour
       I need one more hour in my day, just one more to add in the time needed just to take care of me.
Would love to hit the gym, something always seems to get in the way.

      They say make it a priority.  I pack the clothes and prep my head, I can't wait to feel the adrenaline pump and the sweat roll. There is always something in the way, someone needs something.  I think, I'll go as soon as they are in bed, but when nine o'clock comes I just want to sit and melt into a good book, a nice blog, a time of reflection.  I am beginning to think that I need someone to assess my time management!

       Why can't I be like other parents and drop my kids at their extracurriculars activities? Why can't I dismiss their fears and not engage them in conversation when I know something is bothering them and they haven't found a solution.Why can't I leave good enough alone.  Let it ride?

      I ask these other mother's how do you do it?  Look good, work full time, have two kids, and a clean immaculate house.  I often hear, that kids spend time with grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  They also have someone come in once a week to clean their house.  I don't have any of that, I struggle, and never ever get to be part of their group because I am one of the have not's.  Where are the people like me?  The mom's who struggle, the mom's who don't have perfect hair, houses, wardrobes, and kids.  Where are you?  If your here, I probably don't have time to find you, or have a conversation, or even wave my hand hello.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm- I don't think that you are one of the have-nots, and I think that your children will grow up thanking you that you were the mom who stuck around, addressed their worries and valued them above all else. The gym can wait much more patiently than they can. I'm reading your second to last paragraph as forgiveness of yourself, and I really hope that's right, because it sounds like your priorities are right where they should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that post was all about forgiveness for being myself. I do love the gym and I love how awesome it feels. Just sometimes wish, I could put on the "show" I see sometimes. Just so you know not going off the deepend...just more of an it's okay to myself. Sometime writing about it helps. I don't do that very often. In fact, I've only been writing for 18 whole posts. Thanks so much for being my cheerleader through this whole thing. Thanks for stopping by everyday. It is very kind of you!

      Delete
  2. Right here sista! We are right here! "hello!"
    I stopped trying to go to the gym, and have traded weekly yoga class for a free app on my phone that I can do anytime, literally, sometimes it is 8:30 or 9pm sometimes it's 5 am, but it helps. I don't know about you but my mom never called in sick, for work, for life. . . I think that is a good and bad lesson, because I never really learned to ask for help, would be mortified to ask for help. . . so I could go to the gym. . .That doesn't always work out for the best for us though does it? I agree with Melanie, we are not "have-nots" and I believe our kids benefit from our small sacrificing...plus some of those beautiful ones who do everything also have alcohol on their breath, (A fave quote from the Outsiders: "all that glitters isn't gold")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the "Hello". I'm not as strong as you I would beg for help. We just don't have family around they are miles and miles away. So this is my way of sharing frustration and just feeling. Thanks for the perspective. I know that they are working so hard at being perfect, that they really aren't and that is there insecurity. I just want to be normal and have normal conversation, which is not about Brad and Angelina...what about "World Peace?" What about the Crimea and Russia? Deep meaning topics. Thanks so much for stopping by, it is greatly appreciated.

      Delete